Mobile libraries are free to join and are open to people of all ages. Items can be chosen from the vehicle or reserved via the online library catalogue or the Norfolk libraries app for collection from a mobile library, then can be returned to any branch library or mobile library in Norfolk.
All vehicles are equipped with a lift for people with mobility problems, wheelchair users and prams/buggies.
Mobile libraries offer:
· Fiction books for adults and children (book request: adults – 60p, children – free)
· Non-fiction books for adults and children (subject requests are free)
· Large print books (book request 60p)
· DVDs for adults and children (a small charge applies)
· Audio books on CD and cassette tape (tapes – free, a small charge applies for CDs for adults, children – free)
· Jigsaw puzzles (free)
· Long loan periods
15 books can be borrowed free of charge at any one time per person. Mobile libraries do not charge for overdue books, although a repeat loan charge may apply for hired items (principally DVDs, CDs, and spoken word formats) not returned on the due date. A replacement charge may apply if items are lost or stolen.
We offer a free e-mail reminder system to advise our customers that the mobile library will be in their area within the next two days. Anyone wishing to be added to the mailing lists should ask their mobile library driver for the green e-mail slip to complete, or alternatively contact us direct with their name, e-mail address and route number or village name.
We are keen to recruit more ‘Mobile Library Friends’ – volunteers who help us to promote the service by doing any of the following:
· telling their friends/neighbours about the mobile library
· delivering fliers locally
· putting up posters
· suggesting improvements/alternative stops
Monday route: CEN121
Thursday route: CEN 427
Norfolk Reading Pathway: more information available here.